Most Common Seal Failure Situations and What to Do
The most common O-Ring seal failures are:
- Abrasion, Compression Set, Chemical Degradation
- Contamination, Explosive Decompression
- Extrusion, Installation damage, Outgassing
- Extraction, Overcompression, Plasma Degradation
- Spiral Failure and Thermal Degradation
Quick Links and Resources
- Shop our selection of popular brand O-Rings, like Alfas, Buna, EPR, Viton, and more!
- Learn more about using Joint Sealant Tape.
- Check out this post, Identifying a Damaged O-ring and How to Fix It, for more detailed information.
For more information about O-ring sizes, applications, or orders, contact our team!